Sunday, December 04, 2005

Dumbledore... dead





Dumbledore died! I've known this even before I started on the book... but still can't accept the sad fact he died. So much injustice in the way he died. WHY!!! Ok I admit, the writer got me. I'm waiting eagerly for the 7th book at the present moment. Long time since a fantasy tale caught me like this.. the last one had to be Tamora Pierce's Emperor Mage... Wasn't very impressed with LOTR I must say. LOTR has nice background, scenery and a not too bad storyline (soundtracks are marvellous); but perhaps its too different from our world for me to really feel strongly for it. Sadly, its just an overdrawn fight between the forces of good and evil.

Dumbledore's demise in the book reminded me rather strongly about the death of Richard Harris, the previous actor of Dumbledore. He could easily pass for Merlin with his stature and that air of dignity that the current actor seem to lack. Perhaps due to the height factor? Eagerly looking forward to the next series... in the meantime, I'm going to catch the movie this coming Tues... Can't wait till i get to the theatres!

3 Comments:

Blogger Snow Angel said...

Hope to see a comment for this movie hehe.

3:57 pm  
Blogger kachuaz said...

hairy pothead and the goblet of spit

lol

6:32 pm  
Blogger Ah Cat said...

Ya I knw KC dun like fantasy stories but its different for me k. Mages, dragons, phoenixs, elves, centaurs, unicorns and what-have-you amazes me.Its just something I never really got down to read during a school term..

Finally bought a second hand copy of Order of Phoenix, decided to keep at least a book out of the series.

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)