Tuesday, October 04, 2005

SOHO or working in cubicles?

Yet another day. Just to the doctor for a second time in a matter of two weeks. Run out of medication and my cough still haunts me. Its expensive to get sick in Singapore. A simple visit to the doctor normally takes about 10minutes (if you don't have to wait) and that's $28 a visit. Haiz... why didn't i study harder and make it to medicine school? LOL

Had people asking me for the second time in today what I wanna work as when I graduate. I've been thinking about it before but I'm still not too sure. What can you do with an Arts degree? Plenty and almost nothing at all simply because your skills are so general. Sometimes I think Arts graduates should develop more people skills on top of training their thinking; else its rather hard to sell yourself.

Then comes another point -- Home Office or working outside? Personally, I really like the idea of Home Office. The convenience with dealing with jobs in an environment of your choice. If going to work is like going to battle, what better place than to do it on terrain you are most familiar with?
The bid to develop SOHOs near the river did entice me towards the entire idea of home office. But does it mean I have to start up my own business? or can I work at the comfort of home while being an employee of a firm? What about the separation of home life from work life? There's a tendency for people to falter especially when playing a balancing act between this two. Kinda partly explains the reason why we have so many singles?
Drop a line if you are reading this about what your preference might be and just rant a bit more on it. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger kachuaz said...

VET SCHOOL VET SCHOOL VET SCHOOL.

only VET SCHOOL.

cheers.

12:00 pm  
Blogger Ah Cat said...

At least u knw where u are going and wat u're really after. :-)

8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)