Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Frustrations

Had intended to pen this on the blog when I get home... somehow it just couldn't wait so I started writing the entry on a slip of paper before transfering it here... so here goes.

Writing this on the train again. Sign of pent up frustration I suppose. Storm of emotions, issues never seemed so convoluted and lucid at the same time. Contesting list of 'to-dos' piling up in school. -----> Balancing problems.
Much work, little time, the constant need to pace yourself and keep up. The same old mantra, "do your readings, don't wait till last minute, keep your heads up and the datelines insight". I know, I know, for one, I was never a person who could deal with a last minute influx of new information.... but somehow you feel more could be done, that you are probably not doing enough ----> inadequacy.

Emails, IVLE, forums, module blog, projects, presentations, essays, book reviews and critiques. Keep the due dates insight people! Things I have been grappling with and rather poorly. Things could have been more controlled and more predictable. Feeling as though you are both keeping up and being dragged along at the same time. Nope, you're not extremely behind but yes there's a lot more you could have done.

Took a weekend off, didn't check my email nor the IVLE. 3 days, and you go back on Monday to find you have to do damage control. Things have changed, you received an urgent email on Friday that you replied on Monday, only to have an irritated party on the other end saying he has to wait 3 days for that.
Three days...
That instant, I felt a sudden inclination to curse the people who even created the technology to draw us closer together. Connectivity has brought work right to your doorstep, threatening to intrude & spill into your personal space when you least want it to happen. Yet, the same technology has its benefits too.

In a period of change comes a source of comfort, the someone I met has been a real source of comfort and calm in times like these. School and personal life has come together in a potent concoction that is still taking me on an emotional roller coastal ride that I'm attempting to grapple with....
The multitude of emotional ups and downs had its share of contributing to this frustration that is manifesting itself at the present moment, yet so far, it has been worthwhile.

For the person out there, thank you for coming into my life and thank you for just being there. To all my friends reading this, you people have been a real joy, thanks for the laughter, the company, you make it easier for me to get through the nonsense life throws in your path ever so often.

That.. was therapeutic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

jia you!

hahah all the text just to thank this person>>.> hmm

jia you again, for another thing!

haha remind me to pass u spirited away also ah!

2:13 am  
Blogger Ah Cat said...

No leh.. Text not just to thank this person. Also to vent my frustration over my failure to cope thus far.

Sampan sinking! Help! Eh eh meet for lunch. Get Nick also. I keep telling ppl meet for lunch. Problem with it is that we hardly get times that fit properly. I'll try k.

BTW, what happen to the 'lao po bing'?

1:22 pm  
Blogger Dee said...

nothin, finished in time haha. no complaints all satisfied customers, those who managed to receive them.

film n history essay due tmr man, after that should be able to, since next wed i'll be coming to school. can meet wed lor!

8:02 pm  
Blogger Ah Cat said...

Haha.. Seems like people's timetables can only coincide with mine on Mondays and WEdnesdays. Other days a bit of a rush.

STill remembered this Thurs, met 2 frens over a 45 min lunch. U'll b bz tryin to catch up and move the food down ur gullet at the same time. Not exactly what I consider a marvellous lunch appointment though I was glad to be able to see them again.

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)